Impean Pheasant (Danfe)
Rhododendron Arboreum(Lali Gurans)
1. Swayambhu 2. Bouddha 3. Bhaktapur 4. Changunarayan 5. Pashupatinath 6. Kathmandu Durbar Square 7. Patan Durbar Square One of the few countries in the world where Seven World Heritage Sites are situated within 20 kms. of radius.
1. Everest National park (1148 sq. kms.) 2. Royal Chitwan National Park (932 sq. kms.)
1. Royal Bardia National Park (968 sq. kms.) 2. Langtang National Park (1710 sq. kms.) 3. Shey - Phoksundo National Park (3555 sq. kms.) 4. Rara National Park (106 sq. kms.) 5. Khaptad National Park (225 sq. kms.) 6. Makalu - Barun National Park (2330 sq. kms.)
1. Sukla Phanta National Park (305 sq. kms.) 2. Parsa Reserve (499 sq. kms.) 3. Koshi - Tappyu Reserve (175 sq. kms.)
1. Annapurna (2600 sq. kms.) 2. Makalu - Barun (2330 sq. kms.)
Dhorpatan (1325 sq. kms.)
Tiger, Rhino, Snow - leopard, Clouded - leopard, Red panda, Brown bear, Asamese macaque, Gangetic dolphin, Wolf, Wild elephant, Giant horn-bill, Swamp deer, Wild yak, Nayan, Tibetan antelope, Black buck, four horned antelope, Musk deer pigmy hog, Haspid hare, Pangolin, Gharial, indian bustard, Saras crane, Impean pheasant, Python.
This country harbours one of the world's best habitat for One horned rhino, Royal Bengal tiger, Snow-leopard, Clouded - leopard, Red panda, Blue - sheep and long snouted fish eating Gharial. Other wildlife incudes wild elephant, buffaloes, bisons, blue bull, brown bear, sloth bear, leopard, crocodiles and many varieties of cat, dog, deer and antelope families. And 840 different species of wet land, migratory and residential birds.
Our heritage is alive and dynamic. Shamanism, Pan-animism & Witch craft are still practiced in remote regions. Temples, shrines, monuments and monasteries are extremely active with devotees burning butter-lamps, singing hymns, chiming temple bells and playing drums.
|Calendar of Festivals, Events & Activities|
|Special Interest Tours|
|Visit Nepal Know Nepal|
|Other Travel Information|
Copyright 1997 Visit Nepal '98
Webmaster: Anita Shrestha, AMAA, INC